So the last 3 weeks, no one can stop me from doing dishes, laundry, pacing the house cleaning up every toy as it's being dropped. I was all over with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser in one hand and a towel in the other getting every spot on the table, counter, bathroom, etc..... I was a cleaning freak! CAN WE SAY NESTING? The best part is Alexa (has apparently been watching) and you'll find her on the kitchen floor with a dish towel moving back and forth. Actually, yesterday I was in our shower and we have a glass door, there was Lil' Miss Alexa saying "mommy" as she had a kleenex wiping the glass on the other side. I can't wait til she can help with dishes. J/K
(The picture is me pre- kids.... definitely a different life! Just relaxing.. something I hardly do now. But that's mostly my fault.)Then Monday, July 30th hit... BOOM... I had no energy, no desire to do anything. I'm praying that I will turn into the cleaning freak because now I'm procrastinating to do anything. I never thought I'd say this, but I want to be the cleaning freak again. It's Wednesday now and I've allowed myself 2 days to put off grocery shopping. But now I'm feeling guilty because my family suffers. Actually, they could probably care less, but I do.
I know it's part of being pregnant and now I'm remembering with Alexa doing the same thing. I think it's your hormones balancing or the lack of balance. One minute you are Speedy Gonzales around the house, the next you're waiting til 7:30PM to put the little one to bed so you can put your feet up. My husband during my cleaning freak stage was so sweet, he looked at me and said " Honey, you are my wife not my slave, sit down and relax" It actually made me feel good that he acknowledged I wanted him to have a clean house. But, it also made me understand, he could care less, he wants me to relax.
So.... I think to make MYSELF feel better I will make it a point to definitely do the grocery shopping today.


No comments:
Post a Comment