Friday, August 3, 2007

THE O.C. FAIR-with Ziggy Marley




Yes, Chris and I along with our friend Lucas (Chris' old roommate) went to see Ziggy Marley in concert! It was awesome. I remember walking in and my first thought was " I love coming to places like this, just to people watch." The Orange County Fair is the perfect place to do just that. The concert was great, the aroma was great (j/k) and it was nice to be at the Fair with my husband. I love that Chris and I both like Reggae it made the concert enjoyable. But, that's not all we went to the fair for.........The whole reason why I go at least once every year is for the FOOD. Who doesn't? We started off the night with " Australian Potatoes" You have to try them and for those of you who don't know what it is, IT'S HEAVEN. A fat slab of fresh potatoe deep fried in beer batter with your choice of dip(s)... vinegar, ranch and cheddar cheese sauce. Then after the concert, I wasn't letting us leave without having a Funnel Cake, but on the way I was feeling a bit hungry and saw a Cheese on a Stick, so that topped off my hunger. We moved Right on to the Funnel Cake stand to have some dessert topped with powdered sugar, strawberries and you know it... Whipped Cream. I actually shared :) The best part was, my husband had two 1sts that night. He'd never had australian potatoes or funnel cake. Yeah, his mom and I will be having a talk. Who doesn't take their kid to have a funnel cake before he's 22? Well, it was a fun night and I was glad I could introduce Chris to all of my unhealthy indulgences I crave each year at the fair. Looks like Chris and I have a new tradition...Hopefully you can join us for some food and fun!




1 comment:

christy p said...

Sounds like you had a blast....and um...I LOVE those funnel cakes. We didn't make it this year, so maybe next year I can have two??? Welcome to Blogland!