Friday, August 24, 2007

Officially a STAY-AT-HOME MOM!!!

Today is my official first day being a stay at home mom. My company (Discus Dental Inc.) has blessed my family with allowing me to work from home the past 4 1/2 months and now they've put me on Maternity Leave.
My husband and I went back and forth when he started his job in July (should I just quit or work until I have the baby). It's so funny because it was very clear that God Is In Control especially in this situation. First I was going to quit cold turkey but his job was lagging on the benefits waiting for all of his licensing to go through.... so it forced us to send Alexa to Daycare for a few days... then once we sat down and talked I figured instead of quitting since I'm almost due to work part time for a few weeks and get the maternity leave. So I waited on my HR lady to get back to me on how it all would work. By that time, Alexa's Preschool is off August 27-Sept 5th so I needed to stay home and they decided to tell me a week and a half before that their Fall Session they only had one spot open (Thursdays) a week. Well, I'm not going to work just one day a week, it's not worth it. So, that led to me talking to HR about going on maternity leave soon instead of just quitting. IT ALL WORKED OUT, IT ALWAYS DOES.
I'm really feeling blessed and content as well as looking forward to spending more quality time with Alexa before the baby is born.

No comments: