Wednesday, August 8, 2007

REALITY CHECK

WOW..... Can I just say, time is flying by way too fast. It seems like yesterday Chris and I were in the bathroom anxiously awaiting the pregnancy test results not even believing what was going on. I had been feeling really sick and thought it was the new birth control I was on... But God had better plans. He is blessing us with another little girl.
The whole point of this picture is the fact that since it's my second and I'm busy working and enjoying my time with Alexa, I haven't even payed attention to how far along I am. I mean, I had an idea and general ballpark but with Alexa (the first) I knew to the day how far along I was. If it was possible to know what hour you were giving birth, I would have calculated that as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm as excited to have this one, but I'm just trying to savor my time with Alexa and a bit more relaxed about being pregnant. With my first I was making sure (by the book) I was experiencing the regular symptoms and doing it all right.
So I go to the DR. yesterday (who I love, if you need an OB, let me know) August 7th and she says okay let's see if you are on track... she puts the paper measuring tape on my belly and says " Wow, you are right on." I just looked like, okay that's good news. Then, she hands me the long piece of tape and says "See, you're 32 weeks and look at the tape, no, turn it around we are going by millimeters here." So ..sure enough I turn it around feeling like a complete idiot at that time like I'm a newbie at all this and it says 320mm. I ALMOST FAINTED.... just hearing her say 32 weeks made me cringe. What have I been doing all this time? Am I ready? What about the babies room, it's still an office? A million and one thoughts and questions ran through my head and anxiety kicked in but it was good anxiety. ONLY 8 MORE WEEKS TIL LITTLE BRIELYN HOFF is in the world and ALEXA WILL BE A BIG SISTER... then I get sad (it's the emotional roller coaster syndrome of a pregnant woman) We are so excited to have another little girl as part of the family and I'm even more excited to share our new bundle of joy with all of YOU...

2 comments:

MLasch said...

Having Chandler and Regan only 18 months apart, I know exactly what you are talking about! So strange to see an only child become a big sister!! As well as going from a family of three to a family of four. Lots of changes!

Rachel said...

I am so excited for you and Chris! I just wish we were closer for when she comes!