Monday, November 3, 2008

"I'm Living at Mimi's House!"

Alexa's new house!

Let me set the stage for you:


I tell the girls to go pick a tangerine for Mimi and take it to her house and say "Here's your breakfast Mimi!" And they did. Alexa starts playing and loves Mimi and her house. They are inseperable; Mimi can't go anywhere without Alexa. So it Began...


ME: Alexa and Brielyn let's go get our baths for the day and let Mimi eat her Tangerines.

ALEXA: Mommy, I don't want to leave, I want to stay and leave at Mimi's house. (In a sad voice)

ME: You mean LIVE at Mimi's house?

ALEXA: Yeah, I want to stay here and LIVE at Mimi's house (She clearly understood the correction of words used and was still serious

ME: Well living here means you have to go pack all your stuff and you can't come home. You better go tell Daddy what you are doing before he leaves for work, he's going to be sad!

ALEXA: Come on Mom, let's go get my stuff


So, Alexa, Brielyn and I take a short walk back home.


ME: Alexa, tell Daddy what you are doing! (As she's in her room ready to pack)

ALEXA: Daddy I'm living at Mimi's House.

DADDY: Alexa, that makes Daddy sad, I love you give Daddy a hug and a kiss. (She does)

DADDY: Alexa, who's going to snuggle me?

ALEXA: Mommy and Brie

DADDY: Who's going to eat cereal with me?

ALEXA: Brie

DADDY: Who's going to watch baseball with me?

ALEXA: Brie (notice she's smart and doesn't say Mommy, cuz that would be a lie, I REALLY dislike WATCHING BASEBALL!)

DADDY: Who's going to pray with me?

ALEXA: Mommy


Alexa leaves to go pack and Chris and I start to talk


ME: Wow, she really is serious about this, she has it all figured out!

CHRIS: What she doesn't know is Mimi eats Rough and Thick Oatmeal for breakfast and no more Barbie Escalade and... and...... and..

ME: Gosh, Chris, you are really getting upset about this. WHAT WE DON'T KNOW is how much sugar and candy she gets at Mimi's when we aren't there, THIS MAY ALL BE WORTH IT TO HER!


Alexa is ready and packed with a purse, doll, blanket and shoes


I open up the back door for her, then the gate and off she goes straight to Mimi's with no regrets. We'll see how long this lasts, she didn't take much but she sure love's Mimi's!

1 comment:

Atsuki said...

That is sooooooooooooooo funny!!She is such a Mimi's girl! I love the Chris's comment on Pam eating only healthy food!!