December 29th posed a special day for us. Alexa turned 22 months on Dec. 28th and she's been interested in the potty now for a good month. We have her potty in our restroom and we discuss the potty with her and she always watches us closely. She's really interested. About 2 weeks ago she went on the potty for the first time. I'm not going to lie, she is pretty much ready to potty train but I'M NOT. It's hard to tend to that need ALL DAY when I have another child that is fully reliant on me. So I haven't pushed or forced it. We definitely reward her but I haven't done the stay inside all day with nothing on and sit in front of the TV with the potty yet. I am sure I'll have to do that at some point. The lazy part of me wishes she'll just do it herself. Which, she's done. She has taken her diaper off, went on the potty and acted like nothing. ANYWAYS... just to give you an fyi.... Grandpa Hal said if Alexa went poop on the potty she'd get Grandmas car. Grandma has a brand new (only a year old) beautiful, champagne, convertible Jaguar XK8 with shiny rims. So I said.. " DEAL." Well, Alexa pooped on the potty and I haven't heard from him since. LOL
So, later that afternoon I was able to go to the mall (all by myself) and spend a gift card I got for Christmas. I'm standing in a long line for about 25 minutes when my phone rings. It's Chris and he proceeds to tell me that Brielyn rolled over all by herself, un-tucked her arm and everything. I can't believe she did it when I wasn't there. We are inseparable.. I am rarely without her.... and the minute I take out 2 hours and do something for myself she goes and rolls over for Daddy. WHATEVER. No, I was excited and it was even better to hear the excitement on my husbands voice. HE WAS PROUD. It was an ordinary day that turned into a memorable one as our children quickly advance and grow up.
And Papa if you're reading... you owe Alexa.... :)
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment