Thursday, January 24, 2008

On The Edge Of Your Seats...??? Probably not...

I know you all were anxiously awaiting the news! How did the DMV appointment go for the second time and did you get another copy of your marriage license. So, never to disappoint you I have the details.
:
My wonderful mom came over Friday, January 18th at around 12:30. I left promptly to Santa Ana to the Clerk Recorders Office to get a second copy of our marriage license. Nope, I never found the first one! The drive was fine, it was nice to be alone. As I walked up to the doors I saw a homeless person on a bench with all of their belongings neatly rolled with ties; all laying strategically beside them ( I thought..This is how I would be if I were ever homeless, all organized, neat and tidy). The person was sleeping sitting up so I continued to approach the office doors. Deep down inside I was excited and ready to say " I Will" There were bums all over but this one happened to be in my direct path and struck my heart the minute I saw them. So, I get a copy of the license, walk out and I'm on my cell phone with my husband when I approach the homeless on my right. Perfect, I saw that she was awake and looking around, so I end the conversation with my husband standing right in front of her. I put my phone down and stare into this beautiful woman's face. Her skin was white as snow and although aged, her wrinkles were perfectly folded in all the right places. I said "Hello, Do you want some money for lunch?" She opens her mouth to answer and I'm astonished at her teeth. Although they were jagged, they were white as snow. She answers " No." Well okay, end of story, she just looks at me with huge black sunglasses that don't show a trace of her eyes. I was in awe, disappointed and caught way off guard. Here I am ready to say I will, I actually have cash in hand (which is rare, hello Debit cards are the way) and she says NO. So, in pure astonishment the first thing that comes out of my mouth is " Are you sure?" She says "Yes." Then I proceed to say " Are you just hanging out?" What an idiot, I can't believe I said that. She's probably like, well, not by choice. For some odd reason I was longing for her to say Yes or talk to me I wanted to connect with her. She didn't want to have any conversation so I walked away and told her to have a good day and she responded " You too". This made me feel a little better.

Can you believe I got turned down my a bum. And, to make things worse, this isn't the first time this has happened. My father in law had called, laughed at me and said "Are you sure she was a bum?" We got a good laugh and my husband ironically said the same when I told him the story. I'm pretty sure she was a bum. But, I have to trust that God is taking care of her. And for some reason, she didn't want my help.

So, all went well and I was back in my car by 1:08 PM. My DMV license appt. wasn't til 3PM in Fullerton. My husbands territory is mostly in Fullerton, so I called him up and was able to enjoy a great piece of pizza with him and his friend John. This was a blessing. We very rarely eat lunch together and it was nice to meet up with them. There's something about being with Chris out of the normal realm that made it special. He looked pretty HOT in his suit and tie ( Sorry, had to add that in) TOP CLASS PIZZA was really tasty and recommend it, if you are ever in the Fullerton area.

I made it on time to my appointment at the DMV. I was prepared with all the documents needed this time.......... So now my name is .............................




LYNNAE HOFF

1 comment:

Will said...

Way to go Mrs. Hoff!

I really enjoy reading all the nitty gritty details in your stories!

Keep it up!