Sunday, August 24, 2008

IT'S BEEN A WHILE

So much has gone on and it's been so long since I blogged, I feel overwhelmed. I remember feeling this way a while back so I'll do the same and just list some highlights. One thing I will say is "God is Good"

-We Finally Moved! It came and went so fast. It wasn't fun but it was less stressful due to many of our family and friends. Thank you so much! We were able to move in a day early so that helped us out soooo much. I didn't sit down for about a week after we moved in, there was just too much to do! I really am a freak about having stuff in its place. But, we are moved in and enjoying the new place.

-My Mom is one of our new neighbors. Yes, MIMI is actually living caddy corner behind us. Okay, how do I explain this..... Our next door neighbor has a granny unit behind it and my mom lives there! Is that good? Does that make sense? So, when my mom walks down the driveway to get to the sidewalk, she actually is walking down half of our driveway. Kinda crazy huh? IT'S FUN. We love our Mimi and it's been great having her close. Alexa can't get enough of her or her snacks that she keeps stored at her house! :) We'll just say that we've already had to go out and purchase gold bolts for the top of our doors because Alexa likes to venture to Mimi's. Yeah, Nice Huh?

-Let's just say part of the reason I haven't blogged is lack of internet for almost 3 weeks! Yes, I thought I was going to die. I'll leave it at saying AT&T dropped the ball big time and Chris and I have spent numerous hours on the phone with them. Enough said, I'm getting heated just thinking about it. Our internet is working now so I'll Shut Up! Having my Mom as a neighbor helped out A LOT!

-Alexa graduated to a Twin bed and it has a trundle which she's already let cousin Autumn try out during a sleepover. They are two peas in a pod! Alexa's loving our grape vine in our back yard. She'll tell you that they have seeds in them. She used to call it a rock.. HEE HEE

-You won't believe it..... The corn lady does come down our new street! She hasn't come much and not as often as Camp Street but atleast we get our fix.

-We've already had visits from our past neighbor Jessie and the girls got a play date with their friends Grace and Camille. Although we miss our old neighbors God has blessed us with the Garza family right across the street. Yes, it's almost unbelievable. Heather and Danny Garza have 3 kids, (2 boys and 1 girl.) They are Aaron 3 1/2, Isabella "Bella" 2, and JT 4 mos old. We are great friends and have already gone to Chuck E Cheese's together, The Pirate Park, and the wading pools- we see them just about everyday. I knew God had something up his sleeve!

-Alexa is officially potty trained! YEAH!!!

-Brielyn is turning 1 on September 14th and we are planning a Cinderella party! She is taking 2 and 3 steps by herself right now..... We are working on her walking by her 1st birthday.

-Alexa and Papa Dan (My Dad) had a VERY special weekend together. Papa picked her up early Friday morning and headed off to San Diego for a day at Sea World, then stayed over night and took her to the San Diego Zoo the next day! She got SPOILED. It was an amazing bonding time for the two of them. She asks to call him everyday now! She likes to chant SHAMU, SHAMU! It's pretty cute and she'll tell you all about feeding dolphins the fish. We love you Papa!

-Alexa got her first "real" pedicure with me today. When I asked her if she wanted to go again, she perked up and her eyes got real big and she didn't hesitate to say "YES!" We can't afford this to become a habit at such a young age ;) It was a fun bonding time for us. (Pictures to follow)

-I'm really excited, my grandpa and grandma Bradford will be coming out here this next week from Arkansas! And, we just got word that my Grandma Anita Cavender will be out here late September for 2 weeks. I'm so excited to be able to share my family with both sets of grandparents! FAMILY IS SO IMPORTANT TO ME. I'm sure I'll be sharing some memories with you soon.

-In a nut shell we are all doing well. I thank Jesus for our beautiful new home every day, I feel so blessed. I am really loving a lot about it. We've already done quite a lot to make it feel like HOME! Come on by and see us! ......

No comments: