

Well, due to the holiday season I've been spending lots of quality time with family; and loving it. But I've neglected the blogging world. So I thought I'd catch you up!
Every year my husband gets 2 weeks off for Christmas. It's a really fun time for the girls and I. They get lots of time with their Daddy, whom they adore. It actually is really funny because since I've stayed home they are pretty much Momma's girls but as soon as he's home for a few days straight, they tend to become Daddy's girls. Nice! That's okay, he'll be back at work soon and they won't have a choice! LOL.
The festivities started on December 23rd when Grandpa Hal and Grandma Hoff came down in the motorhome with Dewey and Taylor (the dogs) They parked it for Christmas and we had a blast together. December 24th rolled around and we all headed to my sister Lyndsay's for a Christmas Eve Celebration. There we ate lots of food, chatted, played the White Elephant Gift game (where you pick a number and can steal a gift) the kids exchanged books and we ate some more and chatted. (My cooking contribution was homemade guacamole and half dipped milk chocolate peanut butter cookies.) (I'm already planting ideas in my head for next years white elephant gift)
That night the men put together some toys, brought in all the presents and prepared for Santa's arrival. Alexa even wrote Santa a letter this year. Uncle Nick and Courtney arrived that night as well as Papa Dan. They stayed at our house to be ready for the big morning.
Christmas Morning the girls woke up around 6:40 they opened their stockings, opened some presents, opened some more presents, and some more presents.. played... opened some more presents.... played.... opened some more presents. About 2 1/2 hours later myself, Hal and Chris got in the kitchen and made waffles, eggs, toast, sausage and bacon. We had a great breakfast and approached clean up time. Chris, myself and the girls cleaned up and went over to the Boulton's house to let the cousins exchange gifts. We ate some more, opened more gifts and chatted.
WE HAD A GREAT CHRISTMAS FILLED WITH LOTS OF LOVE AND FAMILY.
For New Years ;Chris and I got invited by our good friends Joel and Erica Beukelman to The Stampede in Temecula. My dad was so sweet to watch the girls for us so that we could stay out there since we'd be up late and it's about 1 1/2 hours away. Chris and I had a blast hanging out with friends, having a few drinks and just being together without the kids.
THANKS JOEL AND ERICA FOR A GOOD TIME AND INCLUDING US IN RINGIN' IN THE NEW YEAR! WE LOVE YOU BOTH.


No comments:
Post a Comment