
If you were wondering (or not) why I haven't been blogging... Well, we are all sick. Alexa and Brielyn had gotten congestion and coughs (no big deal) but.... Brielyn had to be on antibiotics and steroids 3 times; the runny green nose and infection kept coming back a few days after she was done with her doses. End result: Dr. Lowe (who we love) says that the sinus infection has made a home in her head and she needs to be on antibiotics for a month along with Singulair one time a day and a nasal spray at night. UUUgggghh. then Chris gets sick and tries to just "ride it out" But the day the whole family was in the dr. office, the dr. hears his cough.. huh.. he was on him, giving him all kinds of meds. Longer story short, I end up getting sick and when momma bear gets sick, how the heck can I take care of the kids? With the help of antibiotics, steroids, numerous phone calls to Dr. Lowe and CVS, and my Mom (thank you so much) I am managing to make it through. We have spent $248.00 on Dr visits and CVS meds... so if we are at your door with our bags packed, you'll know why..and that's with insurance. So I'll shut up, because we are blessed!
This is for you my dear friend Alicia!!! Alicia was a New Kids On The Block fan from way back. So my uncle takes my family out to a restaurant in Long Beach off of 4th St. called Lola's Mexican Diner. His friend he works with in the Union owns this place. My cousin comes with us and brought his friend JR. After dinner we come back to our place and play Farkal. All of a sudden this kid sits up and does a Sigh... then says... " I guess it's New Kids On The Block Time" He takes off his jacket and we all start CRACKING UP! It was AWESOME.
The best part is.. he can sport it. Chris and I both decided that if he were to ever wear something like that... he'd look like a complete IDIOT, FOR SURE! I think JR's dreds make it! He's a great kid and we had a lot of fun that night.
Brielyn devouring a homemade Red Velvet cupcake
The finished product. Miss Betty Crocker!
Mimi always bakes with the girls. This time they were super excited.. Duncan Hines came out with a Red Velvet Mix. So... Mimi and the girls jumped all over it and I'm pretty sure they enjoyed it. The cupcakes were YUMMY
Brielyn's quiet, I'm looking around for her.. not in the playroom, not near Alexa, not in her room... where is she? I go to my room, then the bathroom... and see THIS FACE!
UGGGGHHHH BRIELYN, WHY? Why do I buy you toys? Yes, that's a million Q-Tips with a tube of lotion a bottle of shampoo and a lint roller.
Sorry I didn't spare you on this one! The night we went to dinner with my Uncle, he came in our car with us. He was in the back and found a dime. Alexa says " Oh, that's mine" so he gave it to her. She was already strapped in the car seat; we were about to go home. All of a sudden she starts crying and is nervous ... "Daddy, I swallowed the penny!" What? Well, we knew it wasn't a penny; but still. She's almost 3, she doesn't put stuff in her mouth anymore, that's like Brielyn's age. We have no idea why or how she swallowed it, but she did. She was able to breathe and function so we didn't make a big deal out of it. But then it was 3 days later and she STILL refused to poop. She was scared. So when we were at good ole Dr. Lowes; we mentioned it. He pushed on her tummy, no blockage. Gave her a pinkie swipe ... sent me home with gloves (to go fishing) and sent me to CVS to get Milax to soften her stool. About 15 minutes after the Milax , WAAAAALAAAA.. THE LONG LOST DIME! And it was pretty blue and green color. Yep, we are saving this dime.
OK, SO NOW ... HOW HAS YOUR WEEK BEEN?


1 comment:
First of all you should be sorry for not sparing us with the dime picture, I mean there's poop on the glove for goodness sake! And Eden loves to get in the cabinets in my bathroom too. She'll watch me try and hide the Q-tip box from her but she knows right where it is and goes straight for it. What is it with Q-tips?!
Post a Comment