
I found my husband and I caught in the "norm" feeling and a rut. Just trying to get through the long days; him working himself to death and me slaving myself over the house and kids til he got home; to have dinner together then put the kids to bed, go to sleep and do it all over again.... I was starting to feel disconnected but REALLY tired so I would just go to bed. No connection, no bonding between Chris and I .... we talked a bit but nothing really intimate or detail oriented.
HAVE YOU EVER FELT LIKE THAT?
So, we sat down and went to dinner together the other night.. it was amazing... then we had coffee together, something we NEVER do. We had the most connecting night. I told my husband to bring a notebook and pen. We mapped out what it would look like to find something every night to connect us with one another. He suggested playing a boardgame.. I offered the next day to go get a devotional at the Christian bookstore for us. I opened up to him, he opened up to me. There was no arguing, just pure truth and love.
Our marriage in the last few days feels so good. Nothing dramatic really happened we didn't need to change our personalities.. we just stepped back and looked at eachother.. made a few changes and it's FRESH again. We look forward to our every other Friday date night. This Friday it was Bowling, better yet COSMIC BOWLING. GOOD TIMES, GOOD TIMES. Last night we read our devotional and played speed Solitaire.
I write this because I love being honest and open on my blog and most importantly you all know that I love to share when something works for me or I believe in something.
I picked up a book by Dr. James Dobson and his wife called "NIGHT LIGHT" It's truly been a blessing to us. It was designed exactly for Chris and I's dilemma and LENDS TO US the perfect solution. It gives us about 10 minutes to sit and read together at night; at the end you answer one question and you would never believe that JUST ONE QUESTION can bring about so much conversation and depth and connection, it's AMAZING. It's blessed us and I encourage anyone seeking to bond together and feeling disconnected to pick up a copy.


1 comment:
Thanks for the recommendation! I'm going to check out that book when (my) Chris and I finish our current devotional. :)
Post a Comment