Tuesday, March 18, 2008

CARRIE UNDERWOOD DRIVES A CHRYSLER!


We had a problem with our SUV so we took our car in today to get it checked out by a friend of Chris'. Longer story short, it was double the price to rent an SUV. My husband smiled from ear to ear as he was on the phone with Hertz asking what kind of minivans they had available. I looked at him and said " Heck NO!" But, when he explained the deal, I couldn't justify paying double to "look cool."
I've always said, I'd NEVER drive a minivan. It's an ongoing joke between Chris and I. He knows how much I'm anti. No offense, if you have one. I just believe SUV'S are esthetically more pleasing to the eye and minivans seem to make me feel soooo OLD. There's just something about a minivan. So, Chris drives up today in a Chrysler Town and Country. I'll tell you the truth, I was afraid that I'd get a Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey and fall in love with it. I told myself even if I liked it, I wouldn't tell my husband because he'd go out and get me one.


It gets better....

So, I go to Target and have a great shopping experience. I'm putting the kids in the car when a lady approaches me and says " Do you know who Carrie Underwood is?" I said " Yeah, I know of her" She said, "I was looking at you all over Target, you look just like her." I said " You are the second person that's said that, I'll take it as a compliment, Thank you and Have a Great Day, Happy Easter." As I get in my minivan I laugh thinking....... I'm sure it was a DEAD GIVEAWAY I wasn't Carrie Underwood the minute she saw me at the Chrysler Town and Country.
I love people, I love Target and for today and today only,I love the Chrysler. Afterall, It did get us to Target and back safely.

3 comments:

Rick Bambrick said...

Carrie, You are so funny...

Dawn was the same way - exactly! No mini-vans... then we took a trip up north and I rented a mini-van (she wasn't happy about it) - it was the first one with sliding doors on both sides (a FORD Aerostar). She really liked it - getting the kids in and out and all. Next thing, I head off to the Chrysler dealer and special order a Town & Country - cuz, come on if you are going to get a mini-van at that time, Chrysler was the BEST. (they invented the mini-van - a cross breed car & van, called it a caravan - just in case you go on Jeopardy and that question comes up.)

Long story short, the van was destroyed in transit, miss-shipped and blah, blah, we ended up with a weird purple/grey colored, top of the line Town and Country and LOVED it. Dawn LOVED it - it was like the Rolls Royce of mini-vans. Course, that was 1992 (you know, when you were in elementary school)!

Anyway, as you know, we still have one. Only it ain't luxury - by no means.

Love you & your family - Chris is a great husband!

photoqueen said...

feeling it! When we went to buy our next family car, I even sat in a few vans, because that's what mike wanted...I wanted the sequioa. I love the pilot and hope it lasts!

~Sharon~ said...

I have to agree with you CARRIE... I'm anti-minivan! As far as the Carrie Underwood thing goes... Yes, you do look like her. The eyes especially. Beauty!