Ouch! She insisted on her shoes being off. She got a few splinters.
Brie's first encounter with grass. She doesn't just lay on the blanket anymore. She's mobile. She got to taste it and feel it.
Awwww.. Cousins!

I love this action shot. They had a blast. And, Alexa is getting brave.

Lyndsay just got home from India and I was sure she could use some extra rest to get used to the routine and being home. The girls have been stuck inside for a week since it's been rainy and I knew they'd love get outside SO..... we picked up Aidan from Pre-School, then headed off to McDonalds and had a picnic at the park. It was the perfect day! Alexa, Aidan and Brie had a blast.
But, something weird happened to me. A "good" kind of weird. God spoke to me at the park. He hasn't been silent lately.
Last time I went to this park, there was a young man there. I was sure he was coming off some kind of high. He started scaling the park benches and crawling on the ground, picking up stuff and smelling it. He kept running his hands through his hair, pacing and talking to himself. But, I was with others so I just kept my eye on the kids and let it go. Well, guess who was there today? Yep, there he was, he appeared from nowhere right onto the park benches. He looked as though he was molding something. Then he walked over to the fountain, ran his hands under the water and flipped his head over, cleansing his bangs. At first I got scared and made sure I had my eyes on the kids, then I started to contemplate leaving since I was there by myself and with Aidan. I mean, that would be horrible if something were to happen and I had someone elses kid as well. But then, God quieted me. He got me still and said "Instead of sitting here worrying and trying to figure out what this young man is doing, why he is here, what he'll do next... why don't you pray for him?" I stayed quiet and just sit there responding to God like, " You're so right God." You wouldn't let anything happen to me. That's why you brought me here at this time, this place, this very moment.
I started to process... He is here on this earth like you and me, searching for happiness. That's what he's doing all day. He may not be choosing the right things, but I'm sure that's all he wants is to be Happy. No one likes to be sad, alone, stared at. He needs JESUS. So I prayed. It was so powerful.


3 comments:
Lynnae,
This is such a powerful post. I love the heart you have and the sensitivity to God's voice. You definitely have given me a new perspective on those we might shy away from.
On another note, great pictures. You are really very good. I love that you get down on the kid's level and frame your shots in tight. I like the use of the angled photos, like the one of Alexa walking from behind. Very cool. Keep at it!
What a great heart you have.
Thanks guys... I really have had some heavy past days with god. He's really been speaking to me loud and clear. I am loving it and definitely feeling like my life has a purpose more and more each day. God's really been changing my heart and how I look and act towards people. It's good, heavy, spiritual stuff!
Thanks again, I care about you guys lots.
Post a Comment