As an esthetician I was a bit upset when Dermalogica released its products to consumers. It used to be exclusively sold and distributed to licensed professionals only. The reason I was upset was because I loved their products; but why would you come to me (for my services) if I used a line that you could buy yourself? So, when I was practicing I didn't use it. However, from a different perspective... I think it's nice to have such a great product line available for those that may not have the money/time to go to an esthetician. The well known Oxy, Clearasil etc. are really high in benzoyl peroxide and really over -drying causing the reverse affect. If you have ever dealt with acne (I have for years) you know how frustrating and depressing it can be. I remember times it was so bad I was so embarrased to go out in public. I went to the dermatologist and went on every medication. No amount of makeup would make me feel better. Today I still struggle with acne just not as severe and in waves of my life.
Last week I found myself struggling with my acne again as it was taking over one side of my neck and getting overwhelming... I know it has to do with my hormones not being balanced. I am breastfeeding and taking a new form of birth control so my body is out of whack. I started to do some research on what's new out there. The reason for my post is. I know that there is not one miracle cure for acne. Some products work for some while they won't for others. So, as a sufferer from acne, I thought I'd share something that I found amazing....
Dermalogica launched a new line to the public ( you can find at most salons, beauty stores or online) called mediBac "Adult Acne Line" It's especially formulated for more mature skin since the teen lines can be a bit harsh and over-drying. I have tried it myself and love it. The wash is awesome and I especially like the mattifier. It's perfect to wear under your makeup; for an all day combat of acne. The line is extensive and also has a mask, lotion and spot treatment. There's a starter kit with sample sizes or you can purchase each product individually.
The line is a bit pricey, but if you suffer from adult acne it is worth it. I find myself at 25 years with 2 kids and less time for myself. The least I can do is take care of my skin to help feel better. If you suffer from a bit more than the occassional pimple.....Try it, you might like it.



2 comments:
I would never know you deal with adult acne from your pics. Your skin looks beautiful!
Thank you, you are so sweet. I love your blog. It's on my list now.
Post a Comment