Monday, December 1, 2008

A PEEK INTO COUNTRY LIVIN'

Alexa was sooo happy with her new friend Shahar.
Brave Heart... Alexa waiving at us. She was AMAZINGLY NATURAL on the horse.

MY TWO COWGIRLS!


Brielyn's Turn.



Alexa brought Shahar some carrots... she did a good job. I love Cowboy Dan's hat, he's a true cowboy!




Alexa with another horse (don't remember it's name?)





Shahar saddled up and his 2 dogs






A friend of Chris' parents (Cowboy Dan) owns horses and lives a true Country Life. Alexa has been into horses lately and so when I decided to go up to Apple Valley for a visit, we set up a day where we could meet some horses and see some country livin'. We didn't realize what a treat we were in for. Dan has horses some chickens and a nubian goat. They have a gazillion acres and even have their own caretaker in a separate house that maintains the grounds for him. It was an awesome adventure. Dan had one horse saddled up when we got there, ready for the girls. They got to ride around. Alexa will tell you now... "IM A PRINCESS AND A COWGIRL!" I guess you can be both, right?








Okay, Okay.. the truth is I get more excited than the girls. I've lived in Orange County my whole life with the exception of LA County the first 6 years of my life.... So... I don't see much of this lifestyle at all. Any opportunity to touch animals, feed animals even just gaze at them, gets me EXCITED. I'm like a little girl all over again. It really doesn't take much to make me happy. I have a growing interest in Country Life. Every time we go to Chris' parents we take the girls to a ranch very near by (within walking distance) and feed the bulls/cows. I'll post pictures of that soon. This was an ADDED BONUS!

No comments: