
Picture from last summer of the neighbor girls: Camille, Grace and Alexa
SAD, HAPPY... THE LIST COULD GO ON.
Is it possible to have all of those feelings at once?
HECK YEAH, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A GIRL
The Hoff Family is moving. Yes, hasta la vista CAMP STREET, It's been fun. I'm not packed, not anywhere near ready to move, but we are out of here come the first week in August. God has blessed us with yet another amazing opportunity. We will be moving to a 4 bedroom 2 bath with a beautiful yard (gardener included and fruit trees) with a 2 car garage, air conditioned home. We couldn't pass it up. It has come at just the right time for us.
We are so happy yet we've made some great friends that I will truly miss. Jessie across the street is my Brazilian friend who is my watch dog! She loves my children so much and it reminds me of the neighbor I had across the street growing up. She would do anything for us from watching the kids to watering the grass when I'm gone. I'm going to miss her.
Then we have the Williamson Family right next to us that have 2 beautiful girls Gracie and Camille that Alexa and Brie are best friends with. It's so hard because as much as we say we'll still get together... reality is.... we just won't see eachother as much. The girls can't just run over next door, knock and come out and play on a whim. Or run over with no invitation. No more Jack (their black Standard Poodle) to greet me at my door. I hear his collar and open the door to say hi to him. I'M GOING TO MISS THAT DEEPLY. BRIE TOO, THAT'S HER BOY! Patty (the mom) has been there for me through some rough times to pray and encourage me. We share a special bond, we are on the same page, we are both at the same point in our lives with our children, both stay at home moms, both christian women.. it's a special friendship.
Then we have Kristy who I've just gotten close to over the past few months. I just turned her onto Golden Spoon. I love when she comes over when we are out front. She likes to vent about her boyfriend and it makes me thankful I'm married and not dating :) But I'm so glad she feels she can come to me. She's so sweet to the girls.
Alexa and I will miss the corn lady. I tried to ask her if she will come down our new street and she nodded and said yes with a smile but I get that response even when I make a statement. I don't think she really is understanding me. I'll have to fine tune my Spanish 3 skills from High School and really talk with her!
Each one of these people hold such a special place in my heart and the killer is I know that as much as I don't want it to change, the relationships as neighbors will. We get so caught up in Life that we don't make time for anything. I try and think why I don't see certain friends so much anymore and really when I think about it, there's no excuse. I'm really not that busy. Life isn't easy with 2 little ones, but it's not like I am out and about 24-7. It's just part of life. One chapter has ended and another will begin.
On a positive note, I look forward to the new relationships and memories we will make!


1 comment:
hey. its Mary-Beth. i'm hoping u remember me.
i think the last time we had a full on conversation was at Bobby & rachel's house, i believe when they were moving in.
So looks like things are going well for you! =] i could really use some prayer, if you could. there's a lot going on and a lot of unanswered questions i have and i need prayer.
i'm trying to get this blogger thing in hand so that i can post there too.
MB
Post a Comment