Wednesday, October 24, 2007

COLIC


My beautiful, sweet, soft and snuggly baby turned into a fussy, beautiful, sweet, soft, colicky baby in just 4 weeks. At this point I'm labeling it Colic due to the fact that she is fussy all day long and not comfortable in any particular position for more than 3-5 minutes. It's not that she just wants to be held because that is not enough.. you have to constantly change positions. The swing is not acceptable to her, the boppy is not acceptable, the baby lounger is not acceptable, the bouncy seat is not acceptable. Nothing, really works except standing up, constantly moving and changing positions. IT'S FRUSTRATING. My mother has come every day to help and so for that, I really can't complain since it's been nothing compared to if I were here all day with no helping hands. My mom has been a LIFESAVER. We have all these cute girly contraptions and the " cadillac of swings" as we call it (Fisher Price Cradle Swing) and nothing is working. There has been a day when she didn't sleep for 12 hours from 9:45 AM -11:00PM that night. Another day it was 10 hours. BUT... the weird part is... she's a great sleeper at night. She'll sleep for 7 hours straight some nights??? So, that's my sanity and I can't complain. IT'S HER POOR TUMMY. She can't sit still while eating she pulls up her legs, wiggles and grunts and is battling this constantly. As frustrated as it gets and as sorry as I feel for myself, once she's sleeping I think about how hard it must be for the little ones to have a constant pain in their tummies. I wonder if it feels like when we gorge ourselves at Claim Jumper on a Frisco Sourdough Burger and fries??? Or does it feel like the stomach flu? Well, I guess I'll never know, but I will fight and do everything I can to make my beautiful baby happy and as content until this all passes. Please pray that if it is Colic, that it goes away in the sacred 3 -4 months that most propose.


So, in desperation I've searched the internet and verbatim she has everything they label as "colic" But she has a dr's appointment so we can rule anything else out and I'll go from there. But, today when I typed in colic a link came up, I clicked on it and found Colic Calm. Needless to say, I'm gonna try it. I'll let you know if it works. One of those things where I doubt it will, but just have to try it so I can have satisfaction of knowing I tried. It's all SAFE, HOMEOPATHIC and FDA approved. See, they have me sold. :)


HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY ... and thank you for letting me vent to you.... I feel better already!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hey Lynnae! I'm so sorry that your little girl is so uncomfortable. How did the doctor's visit go? Is the colic medicine helping? How are you holding up?