
Recently God Blessed our family with a beautiful backyard and I wanted to give back. Our children are spoiled to death and I love to teach them to share, especially since it's no fun having all those toys with no one to play with ... SOOO...
About a week ago I sent out an email to family and friends that I knew had young children and might be interested in having an outside fun day. I am a guilty mom who realizes I don't let my children get "dirty" enough or make enough "messes." I always love socializing (especially being a stay at home mom) and I knew I wasn't alone. What would be a better way than to invite a wide range of people (some who know eachother, some who don't )to bring our kids together and just paint, play in water, make huge messes, spray silly string, chase balls, ride bikes, play basketball, slide... YOU NAME IT, WE DID IT! The point is for moms to connect and for kids to be kids with as low stress as possible... If I have a say so .. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
For some reason just going into the day knowing my kids would be covered in dirt, water and paint and that my backyard would be trashed allowed me to relax and actually ENJOY watching them get dirty. No other plans that day afterwards made for a stress free late afternoon of letting the kids nap after playing so hard and taking a nice bath then dinnertime! IT WAS AWESOME.
I would say the moms that showed up had a great time. It wasn't a HUGE turnout but it wasn't expected. There's always going to be people busy, sick or conflicting schedules etc. I look forward to another OUTSIDE PLAY DATE and I know that my kids do too! I was filthy and covered in dirt and paint too.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, EMAIL ME...BRING ALONG FAMILY AND FRIENDS.. WE'D LOVE TO HAVE YOU!!!
2ND SIDEWALK CHALK AND PAINT DAY
WHEN: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10TH AT 12PM-2:30 PM
WHERE: THE HOFF'S HOUSE
BRING: SWIMSUIT OR PLAY CLOTHES AND KIDS EAGER TO GET DIRT


No comments:
Post a Comment