Friday, May 30, 2008

THE CORN LADY




















We have a lady that comes down our street with a shopping cart and what looks like a big tin trash can. There's a special name for it, but I don't remember what it is. All I know is what comes out of that trash can is AMAZING.

It started one night after we had Chris' baseball team over for dinner after they won the championships. My cousin Mark and a few other family members stayed late and we were all hanging outside when we heard the horn.... everyone was like " What's that?" I said, " It's this lady who walks up and down the street selling stuff out of a cart, I'm not sure what she sells though!" My cousin Mark jumped up and said "Oh I bet she sells corn and ____" He knew all the real names for this stuff, his ex wife was hispanic. So he runs out and comes back with all these plates of Fresh Corn On The Cob dipped in mayonnaise then rolled in parmesan cheese and squirted with Parkay Butter. All of our faces were dripping with butter and had cheese pressed against our cheeks, but WE DID NOT CARE. It was HEAVENLY!! Mark also had a fresh grated snow cone with Tamarindo on it. Some of us also had wagonwheel chips out of a plastic bag that she sprays lime juice on. We were pigging out.

Since that day on, we've supported the corn lady and her biggest fan happens to be ALEXA.... She's so sweet, when she hears the horn she says " Corn Lady, let's go get some." Alexa dives right in and the corn is as big as her.

THANK YOU COUSIN MARK FOR INTRODUCING US TO THE CORN LADY AND HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY. I KNOW YOU ARE HAPPY SPENDING YOUR 40TH IN HEAVEN. THANK YOU FOR THE MEMORIES...I MISS YOU SO MUCH!

1 comment:

mrsuribe said...

The corn is called "elote" or something similiar to that. Rene loves it.

Cute pictures!

Jenny